Sunday, November 30, 2014

How I Feel About the Ferguson Case

Honestly if I begin about Ferguson, I probably won't be able to stop. I think that this is the most ridiculous thing that is going on. People are forgetting the police officer's point of view. People are forgetting that the police officer has his own life that he has to protect. Also nobody knows exactly what happened. I don't know what happened, and neither do the protestors. There is no reason why people should be acting the way they do. If people feel the need to speak up about the way they feel, they shouldn't be violent about it. I also feel very bad for the police officer because he cannot live his life normal anymore. He most likely has to look over his shoulder every time he steps outside his house. I think there are so many things that have not be considered that should be considered before people react the way they've been reacting.

3 comments:

  1. I agree completely Bridget. Fighting violence with violence is never the answer. People also seem to forget that the police officer didn't not shoot out of a random act of violence, he was defending himself, as he was being attacked. Like I said in my post, I admire the passion that the protestors are putting forth toward this cause, but they should not be doing so with violence. This is not about race. The police officer would have shot anyway if he were being attacked no matter if the attacker was black, white, Hispanic, etc. I think that burning down and destroying innocent people's property to protest a "violent" act is absolutely counterintuitive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree also. As many adults would say "two wrongs don't make a right." I do agree with Katelyn also in the fact that i do admire their passion but i wish that had used it in a smarter fashion. In my eyes all that the people of Ferguson accomplished was ruining their community more that it had been in the first place. The looting and destroying of stores and private properties is insane to me. The owners of those stores and restaurants had nothing to do with the case so why are they being punished. I hope that in the near future the community can be restored to what it once had been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the violent riots are counter intuitive but you can't expect people to stay quiet. Protesters are trying to raise awareness and encourage people to speak up for those who don't have a voice. There weren't witnesses, so all we have is the officer's testimony and unfortunately Mike Brown isn't here to share his side of the story. Wilson shot him 5 times. I know he was defending himself but 5 shots seems a bit much. It's an officer's duty to ensure a citizen's safety. Mike Brown was unarmed. In my opinion, this is definitely about race.

    Mike Brown's family is trying to make a difference and they're campaigning to ensure that all officers and patrolmen wear body cameras. Not everyone is protesting violently.

    ReplyDelete